- choose race: barbarian, cloudling, dwarf, orc, dragon, ghoul, elf, ice giant, unicorn, robot
- class: warrior, mage, culinarian, pirate, scientist, warrior, wordsmith
- choose alliance
- I’m the Lovable Scoundrel Pirate Dragon. Just cosmetic.
Select the skill that you used to complete the task, via a dropdown menu.
(Optional) Select the attribute that helped you complete the task.
Assign a difficulty to the quest.
(Optional) Select the quest that the task belongs to, if you have not already done so.
- no repeat tasks, each is entered manually
-level up pop up can’t close manually. have to wait
7. Lvl Up Life - choose from a default list of tasks or customize your own. Choose which skills they apply xp to and how much (low, med, or hi)
- community news feed of everyone’s achievements and high scores
- very basic but easy to use
- competitive but no cooperative multiplayer
- only available as an APK on Android. Not on Play Store. Won’t be updated.
- stock image characters
- different skills: Strength, Vitality, Intelligence, Perserverence
- choose importance (amount of xp), when, attribute
- repeat tasks
- only leveling up, no taking damage or failing
- no account necessary
- single player
- $1.99 on iOS and FREE on Android.
- Avatars (Dwaf, Treeman, Skeleton, Warrior Princess)
- “This quest is a feat of: Strength, Stamina, Intellect, Social, Spirit
- rate its Epicness by dragging the size of a badge
- repeat quests
- view completed tasks by date
- view “The Progress” Flask of SOured Cat’s Milk and Paperclip of Holding
- all cosmetic
- no tags or search
- No account at all. Must back up data manually.
- no gear, guilds,
- Android only
- minimalist art style but LOTS of features
- if we’re building a statue, this is the raw clay
- Skills (specific talent or craft Cooking, Math, Music, Programming) and Characteristics (broad categories Strength, Art, Charisma, Dexterity, Health, Intelligence, Perception, Willpower, Workmanship, DND Abilities basically)
- detailed customization of tasks. Choose difficulty, importance, fear, and gp reward). XP amount is auto calculated based on your input
- Group check list and subtasks (eg. posting a podcast also completes my task of writing show notes and editing the audio. writing a paper involves researching and citation)
- Customize your own Achievements. Choose the unlock condition (number of tasks complete, skill level reached, or characteristic reach)
- Auto fail and auto skip
- Generate habit over x amount of days then it will turn off the task
- In-depth insight stats and charts. Look at each skill or chracteristic, see each task done that contributed to its xp. Time graphs and
- NOT for everyone,
- no damage for negative habits or behaviors
- no account necessary, but optional in case you want ot back up data
- build “resilience”: Physical, Mental, Spirit, Social
- watch videos with Jane McGonigal (or read transcript)
- snapping fingers ,waving hands above head, looking up cute puppy videos, shake someone’s hand for 6 seconds
- choose starting point: depression, anxiety, will power, losing weight, lowering stress, eating helathier, chronic pain, or just start
- Power Pack: pre-designed set of quests, powerups and “bad guys”
- Design Your Own Adventure (can choose Pack any time though)
- Power-up is something quick and easy you can do to feel better or get stronger.
- Quests = good behavior or task complete. Bad Guys = avoiding bad behavior
- Bad Guy battle: Win, Fail, or Vanquish and choose difficulty
- your stats can go DOWN. It shows your Peak
- Allies, add friends from Facebook or e-mail
- Achievements (no list within app, so they seem random)
- corporate approved interface
2. Task Hero
Lazyeus, the god of laziness and apathy.
To do this, we need to get the 8 keys unlock the gates to Taskhalla.
To get these keys, you're going to need to know how to track your tasks
- IN BETA
- world map
- pin to top tasks
- Choose class: Warrior, Medic, Rogue. Skill tree (damage boosters, healing, Mana regeneration). You can change and respec
- Guild: Discussion forums
- Party: travel with you on your quest. XP, loot, and DAMAGE share
- Your own castle you can upgrade for health and damage boosts. No skill tree.
- Lists a combination of notes, to dos, and habits. Very conveienent. Wish this was more thematic though
- challenges. track productivity over time and compete
- BOSS BATTLES:
choose boss attack rate.
won’t attack during sleep. can pause battle.
choose parry task to block attacks
- come across random players on your travels. help or hurt
- No equipment
- upgrade for more features (Work mode, unlimited lists, gain abilities faster
- one stpe no matter how hard the task is. you can’t assign it more difficulty or weight
- custom avatar
- habits, dailies, to-do
- lose health for bad habits. Drink potion or level up to heal
- in-game equipment rewards that give stat boosts (armor, main-hand, off-hand, EYEwear, necklace, cape, no legs??
- separate costume (cosmetic gear) and equipment (stat gear) tab
- Pets, Mounts
- Party: create challenges, go on quests to kill monsters together. Cooperative multiplayer.
- Groups good for Master Class. Verify complete task. Exclusiv eitems and mounts
- shop: Seasonal
- 4 skills: Strength, Inteliggence, Constitution, Perspective
- classes not unlocked until level 10. Until then, you’re stuck with warrior. Level up get class specified skills, no tree though, just unlock it at a certain level
- create or complete public challenges w/o a guild
- keep you focused. cure phone addiction
- plant trees that grow
- unlock new plant species and ambient sounds
- $1.99 for premium version (one time, not monthly)
- coins spent to grow real trees
- compete with friends
- white list apps
- iOS only!
- tasks = xp. you can tag tasks
- unlock new characters
- find loot and gear
- pixel art
- no custom skills
- single player
- minimalist art, customize quests, items skills, etc.
- NO presets. Everything must be entered adn created manually
- sort of like Habitica Lite
- gain/lose xp and money
- cannot choose difficulty/impact
- buy equipment that increase xp or money gain (5 slots: weapon, armor, shield, helmet, accessory)
“Lazy, Lazy, Lazy” voice by Dave Ramsey from his review of my show on the [Podcast Rodeo Show](http://www.podcastrodeoshow.com/?s=procrastin8r
Damien the Demon is back and this time he's a bit concerned about some of the areas in the US banning trick or treating.
Video Games Pay My Bills
The best way to add gamification to your life and productivity is to make money actually gaming.
Grab your copy of the Free E-Book Self-Employed Gamer – 10 Days to Make Money Gaming at www.Procrastin8r.com/VGPMB