61% of workers list a heavy work load as a significant impact on stress, so let's decrease our stress and increase our laziness and leisure by throwing out work using these steps...
8. Eliminate activities that do not contribute to your goal Stop Beating around the bush. Just say what you mean. Be decisive Just say NO...to hard work! Set limits for yourself Follow the Eisenhower Box
Urgent and important (tasks you will do immediately). Important, but not urgent (tasks you will schedule to do later). Urgent, but not important (tasks you will delegate to someone else). Neither urgent nor important (tasks that you will eliminate).
7. Terminate unproductive conversations and meetings “don’t let me keep you any longer”
6. Delegate tasks that you don’t want to do or don’t hav ethe skills for Motivate Choose the best person for the task. Delegate vs dump (meaningful tasks) Don’t set up for failure, set reasonable expectations Am I the best person to take this on? Who else can I enlist to partner and collaborate with on this?
5. Communicate effectively and save yourself hassle in the future Have a clear goal or mission Be clear and direct Update your team on progress Keep in contact with your customers/audience
4. Automate Look for repetitive tasks Find Software - find a solution, program yourself, hire a freelance programmer
3. Attenuate Break down big projects into smaller ones One chunk at a time. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Avoid multi-tasking Create step by step systems/processes Organize your work flow to be most effective
2. Copy & Paste Re-purpose content Use a template for e-mails or responses Lvl 31: Copy & Procrastinaste
1. Procrastinate Find out what you hate doing See where your priorities are Assess all possibilities and solutions before moving forward hastily Take time to prepare Relax and take a break